How do I order a Tintype?
How do I upload my file?
What are the turnaround times?
How can I track my order?
What digital images are best?
What's the largest size you can print?
How should I frame/display/hang my tintype?
HOW DO I ORDER A TINTYPE?
- Visit our store, then choose the size and quantity you want to order
- You'll automatically receive a confirmation email with a link to upload images
- Plates will be shipped from our Oakland darkroom in 7-10+ business days, depending on the size of your order.
HOW DO I UPLOAD MY PHOTO?
- After you place an order, you'll receive a confirmation email with an upload link & image preparation instructions
- When images are finished uploading, a success message will appear on the page.
WHAT ARE THE TURNAROUND TIMES?Our normal turnaround times are 7-10+ business days and we ship using priority mail from Oakland, CA. If you have a large order (more than 10 different images) we will contact you with turnaround times. Let us know if you need something by a specific date, we can do rush orders for additional fees.
HOW CAN I TRACK MY ORDER?We'll send tracking info as soon as your order is shipped.
WHAT DIGITAL IMAGES ARE BEST?
- A digital photo large enough to print 5" long at 240ppi
- Images from:
- Digital cameras
- iphone 4 or higher
- samsung galaxy S II or higher
- A scan from a print, negative, or slide
- Subjects can be people, pets, landscapes, objects, or anything you can imagine